當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第151期:Back to Square One 從頭來過

一分鐘英語 第151期:Back to Square One 從頭來過

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.57K 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目

Unless you know American English, you might have trouble understanding what this means: Back to Square One

除非你瞭解美語,否則你可能在理解這個短語的意思上有困難:從頭來過

Where, and what, is Square One?

Square One在哪裏,是什麼呢?

Any why would you go there? Let's listen:

你爲什麼要去那裏呢?讓我們一起聽一下:

I am not having a good day.

我今天過得很不好。

I'm sorry to hear that. What happened?

聽到這個消息我很難受。怎麼了?

My boss did not like my video project. She told me to redo it.

我的老闆不喜歡我的視頻項目。她告知我要重新制作。

So now I have to go back to square one.

所以,現在我必須要從頭來過了。

一分鐘英語 第151期:Back to Square One 從頭來過

If you go back to square one, it means you have to start over on something.

當你go back to square one時,意思就是你要重新開始做某事了。

This comes from a game board, and the idea that the game begins on the first square.

這個短語來源於一種棋盤遊戲,該遊戲規則是從第一個方格開始。

So, if you go back to square one, you are coming back to the beginning of something.

因此,當你從頭來過時,你就要回到某事的起點了。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!