當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1333期:愛擺架子的人

迷你對話學地道口語第1333期:愛擺架子的人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.21W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 91.25%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1333期:愛擺架子的人

A: Our major is very famous!

市長很有名氣。

B: You seem to like him very much.

你好像很喜歡他。

A: You don't?

難道你不喜歡他嗎?

B: Not at all. He's really a stuffed shirt.

我一點也不喜歡,他架子太大了。

第二,地道表達

stuffed shirt

解詞釋義

Stuffed shirt的意思是“愛擺架子而令人討厭啊的人”。

拓展範例

E.g. Everybody knows that Lynn is just a stuffed shirt.

大家都知道林恩只是個自命不凡的討厭鬼。

E.g. He only seems like a stuffed shirt when you first meet him.

只有初次見面時,他看起來纔會顯得道貌岸然。

E.g. Your neighbour is a stuffed shirt. He seems very proud and serious and he never smiles and plays any joke with anyone.

你的鄰居是一個有點自命不凡的人。他好象很高傲並且很嚴肅,從不對別人微笑或同別人說笑話。

E.g. A stuffed shirt is not accepted in our culture. It's important to be honest and modest.

我們瞧不起愛擺架子的人,誠實和謙遜很重要。

第三,好詞妙語

not at all:一點也不

E.g. I' m not at all satisfied with the present situation.

我對現狀一點也不滿足。

E.g. He was not at all nervous, for he knew what to expect.

他心裏有底,一點不慌。

E.g. She' s not at all a proper person for you to know.

她可不是正派人,你不應該結識她。