當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1332期:趁熱打鐵

迷你對話學地道口語第1332期:趁熱打鐵

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.99K 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1332期:趁熱打鐵

A: Let George cut and win her.

讓George插手把她弄到手。

B: You mean, strike while the iron is hot.

你的意思是趁熱打鐵。

A: Yeah. You know she is fresh to the school.

是的,你知道她剛來學校不久。

B: And have not relatives here, so she maybe will feel lonely sometimes.

甚至在這裏沒有親戚,所以她也許有時候會感到孤獨的。

A: Right. It is a good start for a romantic story.

是的,一個浪漫的故事,美好地開始了。

第二,地道表達

strike while the iron is hot

解詞釋義

Strike while the iron is hot的意思是“趁熱打鐵”。

拓展範例

E.g. Strike while the iron is hot, you know-while she's fresh to the town.

趁熱打鐵,現在她剛到這個城市,正是好時候。

E.g. Some good airline stock is offered at a low price, I must strike while the iron is hot.

有些航空股票正在低價賣出,我必須及時購進。

第三,好詞妙語

a good start:好的開端

E.g. This gave him a good start in life.

這對他的一生是個良好的開端。

E.g. He had a good start, but I rowed him down.

他在開始領先,但我隨後就划着趕上他了。