當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1326期:聊以自慰的話

迷你對話學地道口語第1326期:聊以自慰的話

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.96W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 57.81%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1326期:聊以自慰的話

A: They says that my new car is a waste of money.

他們說我買新車是浪費錢。

B: Don't you think these words just are sour grapes?

你不認爲這些話是因爲自己沒有才這樣說嗎?

A: Maybe you are right.

或許你是對的。

B: Really, he would like very much to own one himself.

真的,他很想擁有一輛車。

A: Yeah. He had told me the same words when you bought the new computer last year.

是的,去年你買電腦的時候,他跟我說過同樣的話。

B: So don't pay any attention to his words. It's nothing, right?

所以就不要在意他的話,他的話一點用也沒有。

第二,地道表達

sour grape

解詞釋義

Sour grapes的字面意思是“酸葡萄”,比喻“由於得不到而加以貶斥的東西或聊以自慰的話語”。

拓展範例

E.g. He says he didn't want to marry her anyway, but that's just sour grapes.

他說自己反正不想娶她, 那不過是吃不到葡萄反而說葡萄酸罷了。

E.g. His remarks about the skating champion are sour grapes.

他對那個溜冰冠軍的批評是吃不到葡萄說葡萄酸。

E.g Miranda says she doesn't want to go to Paris, but I fancy it is merely sour grapes.

米蘭達說她不想去巴黎,但我認爲這不過是她因去不成而聊以自慰的話。

第三,好詞妙語

a waste of:浪費

E.g . Don' t do that. It' s a waste of time.

別那麼做,那是浪費時間。

E.g. A wrong approach means a waste of effort.

路子不等於白費勁兒。

E.g. Doing such a job is a waste of his talents.

做這種工作是在浪費他的才能。

would like to:想要......

E.g. I would like to introduce you to your editor.

我來介紹你認識這本書的編輯。

E.g. You are welcome to any books you would like to borrow.

你想借什麼書就隨便借好了。

E.g. I would like to extend a warm welcome to our visitors.

我想對我們的來訪者表示熱烈的歡迎。

pay attention to:注意,理會......

E.g. You need to pay some attention to your child 's education .

你得稍加註意你孩子的教育。

E.g. Don't pay attention to anything he says. He lies like a gas meter.

不要理睬他的話,他一味撒謊。

E.g. Please pay attention to grammar when you speak.

說話時注意語法。