當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第236期:到處都找遍

迷你對話學地道口語第236期:到處都找遍

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.17W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">迷你對話學地道口語第236期:到處都找遍

A: Have you found your watch?

你找到你的手錶了嗎?

B: Not yet, but I have looked high and low.

好沒有呢,但是我到處找遍了。

A: Perhaps you lost in your office. I remembered you left it there last time.

也許,你把它落在辦公室了吧。我記得上次你就忘在辦公室了。

B: Yeah. Let me see. Perhaps I lost it in my drawer on Friday. Thank you for your reminding. You know it’s my birthday gift from my parents when I was fourteen. I like it very much.

是呀,讓我想一想。也許星期五的時候我把它放在抽屜裏了,謝謝你的提醒。你知道那塊表是我十四歲的生日的時候父母送給我的生日禮物,我非常喜歡它。

地道表達:

look high and low

解詞釋義

改詞語的意思就是“高處低處都找遍了”,意即:到處找遍。

支持範例:

I looked high and low for the key but I could not find it .

我哪兒都找遍了,可是沒找到那把鑰匙。

I've looked high and low for my wallet.

我上上下下地找我的錢包。

Bill looked high and low for his lost shoe.

Bill到處找他丟了的那隻鞋。

詞海拾貝:

1. last time上次

Eg. The last time (when) I saw him, he was quite well.

最後一次看到他時,他還相當健康。

Eg. You didn't get caught last time, but don't push your luck!

上次沒把你抓住,可別再碰運氣了!

2. a gift from:......送的禮物

Eg. I've received a gift from him, but I'm not going to accept it.

我收到了他送的禮物,但是我不準備接受。

Eg. To have such an easy examination paper is a gift from the God

碰到這樣容易的考卷,那是老天爺的恩賜。

要點提示:

Let me see.

譯文:讓我想想。

講解:see在這裏的意思是“想想”。