當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第233期:家無隔夜之娘

迷你對話學地道口語第233期:家無隔夜之娘

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.6W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第233期:家無隔夜之娘

A: It was really hard for our parents to save money when they were young.

我們的父母年輕時攢點錢可真難呀。

B: Most people were living form hand to mouth. How could they?

大多數人都只能勉強餬口,他們怎麼能攢下錢麼?

A: Yeah. They simply had no extra money to save up or for other things.

對呀,他們沒有多餘的錢存下來,也沒有多餘的錢買其它的東西。

B: Fortunately, things are changing these years.

好在這些年有些改觀了。

地道表達:

live from hand to mouth

解詞釋義:

這個習語的意思與我們中文的“家無隔夜之娘”在意思上頗爲一致,意思就是指“剛好餬口”。

支持範例:

Eg. When I had no job last winter, I had to live from hand to mouth.

去年冬天沒找到工作,我不得不過着勉強餬口的生活。

Eg. When I was first married I didn't have a job, and we had to live from hand to mouth.

結婚初期,我沒有工作,因此我們兩個人只得過吃一頓算一頓的生活。

Eg. We live from hand to mouth because my father is a n accountant with a low salary.

我們過着僅能餬口的生活,因爲我父親只是個薪水很低的會計員。

Eg. Since she only has a temporary job. She has to live from hand to mouth.

她只有一份臨時工,只能勉強餬口。

詞海拾貝:

1. save money:省錢

Eg. He worked all summer to save money for the purchase of a piano.

他工作了一整個夏天,爲的是存錢買架鋼琴。

Eg. We should save money for a rainy day.

我們要存一些錢,以備不時之用。

Eg. He is trying to save money by walking to work.

他爲了省錢步行去上班。

Eg. The Boss wanted to look into ways to save money.

老闆想研究省錢的方法。

2. have extra money for:有多餘錢買......

Eg. They have been more eager to make you work in order to have a little extra money for the family.

他們反倒更積極讓你去工作,以賺取額外的錢貼補家用。

3. save up:儲蓄,存儲

Eg. It took me a year to save up for a new car.

我花了整整一年的時間才存下足夠的錢買一輛新車。

Eg. I can't possibly afford that car right now.I’have to save up for it.

我現在買不起那輛車。我得爲它攢錢。

Eg. Mary egged her husband on to save up and start his own business.

瑪麗鼓勵丈夫存點錢自己開店做生意。

Eg. You should save up for your college education.

你應該爲你的大學教育經費而儲蓄。

句海拾貝:

It is hard for sb to do something. (譯文:某人做某事有難度。)

Eg. It is hard for me to speak of her at any time.

我任何時候談起她心裏都不好過。

Eg. It is hard for an old man to work as long as a youngster.

老年人要工作得和年輕夥子一樣久是困難的。

Eg. It is hard for them to have thorough appreciation of the Chinese culture.

他們也就很難很深入華夏文化。

Eg. It is hard for me to give up Meg.

失去Meg我很難受。