當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第195期:天堂樂園

迷你對話學地道口語第195期:天堂樂園

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.17W 次

特別聲明:該節目中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,其餘部分爲。

ing-bottom: 94.84%;">迷你對話學地道口語第195期:天堂樂園

迷你對話:

A: Didn’t you.know that breaking into a house involves a lot of risk? Besides, the owner of the house has never done anything wrong to you. Why should you...

你難道不知道破門而入有危險嗎?況且房主也沒幹什麼對不住你的事情,你幹嘛還要......

B: We only know that the owner is a fat cat. We thought we could build our own tower of happiness by robbing his hog heaven.

我們只是知道房主是個有錢的主兒。我們以爲搶了他的錢就可以建立自己幸福的家園了。

A: So, you are now building your tower in the jail.

這樣,你把樂園建立到監獄裏了。

地道表達:

hog heaven

解詞釋義:

hog是“豬”,常給人以貪吃貪睡,貪圖享受的印象。豬的天堂就是一個讓人吃喝享樂的地方,通常含有貶義。意思是“天堂樂園”

拓展講解:

類似的習語還有eat like a hog,意思是“狼吞虎嚥”。

支持範例:

She's in hog heaven over her new sports car.

她對自己的新雙座輕型汽車非常滿意。

The swimming pool is perfect on a hot day. I’m in a hog heaven!

大熱天在這個游泳池裏泡着真是太舒服了,簡直是天堂般的享受啊!

詞海拾貝:

1. break into:非法闖入,強行進入

Eg. We had to break into the house as we had lost the key.

我們把鑰匙丟了,只好破門而入。

Eg. Did a burglar break into your house last night?

昨晚有個竊賊闖進你家嗎?

Eg. Not only did they break into his office and steal his books, but they also tore up his manuscripts.

他們不僅闖進辦公室偷走了書,而且還撕碎了手稿。

Eg. Two burglar break into the office and steal the petty cash.

竊賊闖入辦公室偷走了零用現金。

2. do something wrong to somebody:做了對不起某人的事情,對某人做了錯誤的事情

Eg. He enticed the young men to do something wrong to you.

他誘惑那些年輕人做對不起你的壞事。

Eg. Sometimes our teacher is very strict with us when we do something wrong to our classmates.

有時我們做錯了對不起同學的事情時,老師對我們很嚴格。

Eg. Mothers often talk with their children harshly when they do something wrong.

母親們在孩子做錯事後總嚴厲責備他們。

Eg. Every time we do something wrong to anyone, we get punished in one way or another.

每當我們做了對不起任何人的事情時,無論如何都會遭到懲罰。

3. a fat cat:有錢的人,極爲富裕的人

Eg. It is strange that such a fat cat should be so stingy.

說來真怪,這麼有錢的人居然那麼小氣。

Eg. He is looking for a fat cat and he has found now.

她在找一個非常有錢的人,現在她已找到了。