當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第489期:Weight Loss 減肥

美語情景對話 第489期:Weight Loss 減肥

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.87W 次

Ruth: Akane, I hope you don't think I'm being rude but you look amazing. Have you lost weight?

魯斯:茜,我希望你不會覺得我無禮,你看起來太棒了。你是不是瘦了?

Akane: Actually, I have.

茜:實際上是的。

Ruth: Wow. How did you do it?

魯斯:哇,你是怎麼做到的?

Akane: Well, I've been really eating healthy and working out a bit as well.

茜:嗯,我保持飲食健康,再做些運動。

Ruth: Wow. I read recently actually in the newspaper that there are lots of new gyms opening up. Is that what you've been doing, going to the gym?

魯斯:哇。我最近在報紙上看到報道說新開了許多健身房。去健身房鍛鍊是不是你堅持在做的事情?

Akane: Ah, yeah actually. I joined a new gym. It wasn't that expensive either and it's been really good.

茜:對啊。我在一家新開的健身房辦了會員。價格不是很貴,而且也很好。

Ruth: So, how much was it?

魯斯:多少錢呢?

Akane: It was about $30 a month. (Oh) Yeah.

茜:一個月大約30美元。對。

Ruth: So when you go to the gym, what kind of thing do you do?

魯斯:你一般去健身房會做什麼?

Akane: Um, well, my favorite thing to do is to run on the treadmill, and sometimes I also do weights.

茜:嗯,我最喜歡的是在跑步機上跑步,有時我會做一些力量練習。

Ruth: You do weights as well? (Mm-hm) Really heavy weights?

魯斯:你也做力量練習?(嗯)是那種大重量練習嗎?

Akane: No just lighter ones.

茜:不是,只是一些小重量練習。

Ruth: Oh, I see.

魯斯:哦,我知道了。

Akane: Yeah.

茜:嗯。

Ruth: So do you mind the fact when you're in the gym the air is really stuffy and you can always smell people's sweat? Does that not bother you?

魯斯:健身房空氣不流通,而且你能聞到人們的汗味,你不會介意這些?這會令你困擾嗎?

Akane: It does actually bother me so I do prefer to go when it's not too crowded.

茜:那確實挺困擾我的,所以我會在人不多的時候去。

Ruth: Of course, yeah.

魯斯:當然了。

Akane: People tend to go after work so I try to go a little bit earlier, or a little bit later. That's a good plan.

茜:人們一般會在下班後去健身房,所以我儘量早點去,或者我會晚些再去。這是個不錯的計劃。

Ruth: But you know, sometimes I still wonder if it's healthy to exercise inside because if you exercise outside you can get more fresh air.

魯斯:可是你知道,有時我會想在室內鍛鍊真的健康嗎,因爲如果你在室外鍛鍊你可以呼吸更多的新鮮空氣。

Akane: I think you're right about that. It does feel better when I do get exercise outside, but sometimes I'm so busy and if the weather's not good, it's just easier to go the gym.

茜:我想你是對的。我去室外運動的時候的確感覺更好,不過有時我很忙,而且有時天氣不好,所以去健身房更方便。

Ruth: Well, I suppose so.

魯斯:嗯,這倒是。

Akane: Yeah, and a little exercise inside is better than no exercise.

茜:在室內運動總比不做運動強啊。

Ruth: You're right actually.

魯斯:你說得對。

Akane: So if I want to lose weight, what would you recommend?

茜:我想減體重,你有什麼推薦嗎?

Ruth: Basically, just exercise within your limits and eat healthy.

魯斯:基本上來說,在你能接受的範圍內進行鍛鍊,還有就是保證飲食健康。

Akane: I think it's just common sense.

茜:這些是常識。

Ruth: Really. Do you think I'll lose weight.

魯斯:對。你覺得我會減掉體重嗎?

Akane: For sure. I think so, but I don't know what you're talking about. You definitely don't need to lose weight.

茜:當然了。會的,不過其實我不太清楚你在說什麼。你完全不用減肥啊。

Ruth: Well, that's kind of you Akane. OK, thanks.

魯斯:茜,你真是太好了。謝謝。

美語情景對話 第489期:Weight Loss 減肥

譯文屬僅供學習交流使,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. lose weight
體重減輕;變瘦;
eg. She has been taking exercises to lose weight from day to day.
她每天鍛鍊來減肥。
eg. Several ladies who were trying to lose weight had already fallen by the wayside by eating cream cakes.
幾位女士試圖減肥,但同時又吃奶油蛋糕,結果是半途而廢。
2. work out
鍛鍊;健身;
eg. I work out regularly to keep fit.
我經常做運動以保持健康。
eg. The basketball players are working out at the gym.
籃球運動員們正在體育館進行訓練。
3. common sense
常識;直覺判斷力;
eg. He behaves as if he had no common sense.
他的言行就好像沒有常識似的。
eg. Knowledge without common sense count for little.
沒有常識的知識沒多大用處。
4. for sure
無疑;肯定;
eg. I know for sure that the chances are in favor of those who are always ready.
我確實相信,機會屬於時刻準備着的人。
eg. I think he'll be back on Monday, but I can't say for sure.
我想他星期一會回來,不過我不敢肯定。