當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第141期:Bounce 離開

The english we speak(BBC教學)第141期:Bounce 離開

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.39W 次

ing-bottom: 58.04%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第141期:Bounce 離開

William: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. My name is William Kremer.

威廉:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是威廉·克萊默。

Li: I'm Yang Li.

莉:我是楊莉。

William: Li, do you mind if we don't look at a phrase today?

威廉:莉,我們今天不學習短語,你介意嗎?

Li: Don't look at a phrase? So what do you want to do today instead?

莉:不學習短語?那你今天想做什麼呢?

William: Erm, nothing actually. I've got to go and meet a friend at the airport.

威廉:嗯,實際上也沒什麼。我要去機場接一個朋友。

Li: So what are you saying, William? That you don't have time for today's programme?

莉:威廉,你在說什麼?你沒有時間主持今天的節目了嗎?

William: Is that all right?

威廉:這樣行嗎?

Li: Oh well...

莉:哦……

William: Well, thanks Li! I'm just going to bounce.

威廉:嗯,謝謝你,莉!我要離開了。

Li: Hey, William, wait, wait! What do you mean? What did you say just now?

莉:嘿,威廉,等等!你是什麼意思?你剛剛說了什麼?

William: I'm just going to bounce; I'm going to leave.

威廉:我要離開了;我要走了。

Li: I think we need to hear another example of that phrase.

莉:我想我們需要聽聽這個短語的其他例子。

Man: Hey Tom-where are you going? The party's just getting started!

男:嗨,湯姆,你要去哪啊?派對馬上就要開始了!

Man 2: Ah sorry dude, I gotta bounce. I'm on an early shift tomorrow.

男2:啊,抱歉,夥計,我要走了。我明天要上早班。

Li: In that clip we heard someone saying he had to leave a party.

莉:剛剛我們聽到一個人說他必須要從聚會上離開。

William: Yes, that's right. He said "I gotta bounce".

威廉:對,沒錯。他說“我要離開了”。

Li: To bounce usually means for something to go up and down. But where does this slang usage come from, William?

莉:bounce通常是指某個東西上下晃動。不過威廉,這個俚語來自哪裏?

William: Well, 'bounce' meaning 'to leave' comes from the USA and it's urban slang, so it's something that young cool kids might say.

威廉:bouce這個詞的離開一意來自美國,這是一個城市俚語,這是一個很酷的孩子們會使用的詞。

Li: Not you, then.

莉:那就不是你用的詞了。

William: What do you mean?

威廉:你什麼意思?

Li: Well you're not young or cool. You are a middle-class Englishman in his thirties.

莉:嗯,你既不年輕也不酷。你是一個三十幾歲的英國中產男子。

William: Li, that's not fair! I listen to hip hop. And one of my jumpers has a hood.

威廉:莉,這不公平!我會聽嘻哈樂。我還有一件帶兜帽的毛衣呢。

Li: Anyway, we have talked about a phrase now. So if you like, you can bounce now.

莉:不管怎麼說,我們已經講了一個短語。所以如果你願意的話,那你現在就可以走了。

William: Right. Bouncing.

威廉:好的。我走了。

Li: Now that he's gone let's relax with some nice music...

莉:既然他已經離開了,我們來聽一些優美的音樂放鬆一下……

重點講解:
1. all right
令人滿意的;可接受的;
eg. Is it all right with you if we go now?
我們若現在就走,你同意嗎?
eg. 'How was school?' — 'It was all right.'
“在學校還好嗎?”——“還可以。”
2. up and down
上上下下;來來回回;
eg. He looked me up and down and then asked me a few questions.
他上下打量了我一番,然後問了我幾個問題。
eg. He was worried about his mother and walked up and down in the room.
他爲他母親擔心,便在屋裏來回走。
3. now that
既然;由於;
eg. Now that everything is set up, it is time to see how much of a difference it makes.
既然一切都已就緒,現在可以觀察它帶來了多大的差別。
eg. Now that the bubble has popped, the question is what happens to all the excess housing.
既然地產泡沫已經破滅,那麼接下來問題在於,過剩的房屋將何去何從。