當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第56期: use your loaf動動腦筋

The english we speak(BBC教學)第56期: use your loaf動動腦筋

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.11W 次

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第56期: use your loaf動動腦筋

Rob: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me Rob and a very hungry-looking Li.

羅伯:大家好,歡迎來到我們所說的英語,我是羅伯,和我一起的是看起來很餓的李。

Li: Hello.

李:大家好。

Rob: Erm, Li, you're talking with your mouth full. Can you wait till lunchtime please?

羅伯:額,李,你說話的時候滿嘴都是食物。你能等到午餐時間再吃嗎?

Li: No I can't - I'm starving.

李:不我不行——我要餓死了。

Rob: Well, be careful - you're making such a mess in here.

羅伯:那麼,小心點——你把這裏弄得很亂。

Li: Ever since I started jogging before work, I just have to eat a big snack mid-morning or I feel faint by lunchtime.

李:自從我開始在工作之前慢跑,我需要在上午吃很大一頓零食否則我在午餐之前就會虛弱得昏倒。

Rob: Well, maybe, but you know you're not supposed to eat food in the studio. It's a really bad idea - you could damage the equipment. Oh no - look! There's salad and mayonnaise all over the recording desk! Li, use your loaf!

羅伯:或許吧,但是你知道你不應該在演播室吃東西的。這真的是個壞想法,你有可能會損壞設備。哦不,看!錄音桌子上全都是沙拉和蛋黃醬!李,動動腦筋吧!

Li: Use my loaf? Yes, that's a good idea. If I use bread, I can make a sandwich, which will be much tidier.

李:用我的麪包?是啊,這是個好主意。如果我用麪包,我可以做一個三明治,這樣就乾淨多了。

Rob: No, I mean use your brain - think about things before you do them!

羅伯:不,我的意思是用用你的腦子——在做事之前先思考一下!

Li: Eh?

李:嗯?

Rob: Well, in English, if you are slightly annoyed with someone because they are doing something they haven't thought about properly, you can say 'use your loaf'.

羅伯:在英語中,如果你對某人微微有些生氣因爲他們做了某件沒有慎重考慮的事,你可以說“動動腦筋”。

Li: Oh I see. Loaf here is slang for head.

李:哦我知道了。麪包在這裏是大腦的俚語表示。

Rob: That's right. It's a little old-fashioned but it's still something you might hear. My parents or grandparents would use it for when I did something a bit… stupid.

羅伯:說得對。這有一點過時但是它還是你可能會聽到的。我的父母和祖父母會在我做了一些愚蠢的事時用它。

Li: Here are some examples.

李:以下是一些例子。

Old man: Use your loaf, son. Don't ride your bike on the motorway at night without lights. You'll get yourself killed.

老年人:動動腦筋,兒子。不要在沒有燈的夜晚在機動車道上騎自行車。你會被撞死的。

Dad: Why oh why oh why were you playing football in your school trousers?! Use your loaf! You have holes in your knees again!

父親:你爲什麼穿着校服褲子踢足球?!動動腦筋!你的膝蓋又有破洞了!

Child: Sorry, Daddy.

孩子:抱歉,爸爸。

Li: So, 'use your loaf' means think about things before you do them otherwise you will make silly mistakes.

李:所以,“動動腦筋”的意思是在做事之前考慮一下否則你會犯下愚蠢的錯誤。

Rob: That's right. So Li, use your loaf and stop eating food in the studio.

羅伯:說得對。所以李,動動腦筋,不要在演播室吃東西了。

Li: Yes, next time I'll use my loaf and eat sandwiches.

李:是的,下次我會動動腦筋,然後吃三明治。

Rob: No, don't eat food of any kind in the studio – not even sandwiches.

羅伯:不,不要在演播室吃任何食物——甚至是三明治。

Li: But sandwiches are nice and tidy.

李:但是三明治很好又幹淨。

Rob: No they're not. You'll get lots of little crumbs everywhere.

羅伯:不,它們不乾淨。你會你會弄得到處都是碎屑的。

Li: How about an apple?

李:那一個蘋果怎麼樣?

Rob: No! Juice might drip!

羅伯:不行!果汁會滴的!

Li: A banana?

李:香蕉?

Rob: No Li... oh goodness!

羅伯:不行李...哦天啊!