當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第55期: go down a storm深受歡迎

The english we speak(BBC教學)第55期: go down a storm深受歡迎

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.09W 次

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第55期: go down a storm深受歡迎

Kaz: Hello, I'm Kaz.

卡茲:大家好,我是卡茲。

Yang Li: And I'm Yang Li. Hey Kaz, there is a storm raging outside - let's shut that door.

楊麗:我是楊麗。嘿卡茲,外面有暴風雨在咆哮——我們關上門吧。

Yang Li: Ah that's better. Now I can ask you about your party last weekend. How did it go?

楊麗:啊這樣好多了。現在我可以問關於你上週的派對的事了。進行的怎麼樣?

Kaz: It went down a storm Li.

卡茲:它深受歡迎麗。

Yang Li: Your party 'went down a storm.' You mean you cancelled it because of the weather? Because of high winds and rain? Or snow?

楊麗:你的派對“下降一個暴風雨”。你的意思是你因爲天氣取消了它?因爲強烈的風和雨?或者雪?

Kaz: No, no, no Li. If something 'goes down a storm' it means it's massively successful and enjoyable - so my party went really well - it went down a storm.

卡茲:不不不麗。如果某事“深受歡迎”意思是它非常成功而且令人愉快——所以我的派對進行的很好——它深受歡迎。

Yang Li: People loved it?

楊麗:人們喜歡它?

Kaz: Exactly. People loved my party so I can say 'It went down a storm.'

卡茲:正是。人們喜歡我的派對所以我可以說“它深受歡迎”。

Yang Li: Your party went down a storm - it was incredible.

楊麗:你的派對深受歡迎——這令人難以置信。

Kaz: That's right.

卡茲:是的。

Yang Li: Well, Kaz, I gave a presentation yesterday.

楊麗:卡茲,我昨天做了演講。

Kaz: Oh OK. How did it go?

卡茲:哦好的。怎麼樣?

Yang Li: It went really well, everyone loved it, it went down a storm.

楊麗:它進行得很好,每個人都喜歡它,它深受人們喜愛。

Kaz: That's great Li.

卡茲:這很好麗。

Yang Li: Yes, I'm delighted and I like today's expression. Let's listen to some more examples:

楊麗:是的,我很開心而且我喜歡今天的短語。讓我們聽更多的例子吧:

You should have seen the new band last night. They went down a storm with the audience.

你本應該看昨晚的新樂隊的。他們深受觀衆喜愛。

My idea for more holidays went down a storm with my colleagues.

我想要更多的假期的想法深受我同事的歡迎。

I like the looks of this new toy. I'm sure it'll go down a storm with our customers.

我喜歡這個新玩具的外表。我確定它深受我們的顧客的歡迎。

Yang Li: Kaz, you know, to me the word 'storm' has negative associations because storms are usually destructive.

楊麗:卡茲,你知道,對我來說“暴風雨”這個詞對我來說有消極的聯繫因爲暴風雨通常情況下是毀滅性的。

Kaz: I agree Li but in this case it's used in a positive sense.

卡茲:我同意麗但是在這種情況下它用來表示積極的感情。

Yang Li: But it is informal, right?

楊麗:但是這是非正式的,對嗎?

Kaz: Yes it is.

卡茲:是的。

Yang Li: So our listeners should use it with care.

楊麗:所以我們的聽衆要小心使用。

Kaz: That's right Li. So what do you think our listeners will think of today's expression?

卡茲:說得對麗。那麼你覺得我們的聽衆會怎麼想今天的短語?

Yang Li: I'm sure it'll go down a storm!

楊麗:我確信它會深受歡迎!

Both: Bye!

一起:再見!