當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第35期:Born yesterday 輕易欺騙

The english we speak(BBC教學)第35期:Born yesterday 輕易欺騙

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.77W 次

padding-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第35期:Born yesterday 輕易欺騙

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Feifei. And, as usual, I'm waiting for Neil, who's late. I think I'm going to get some revenge by playing a few jokes on him - especially as he forgot my birthday yesterday.

菲菲:大家好,歡迎來到我們所說的英語,我是菲菲。和平常一樣,我正在等尼爾,他遲到了。我覺得我要報復他一下,和他開個玩笑,尤其是他昨天忘記了我的生日。

Neil: Hi there, sorry, I'm late. Welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil and with me today is Feifei.

尼爾:大家好,不好意思,我遲到了。歡迎來到我們所說的英語,我是尼爾,和我一起的是菲菲。

Feifei: I've done all of that.

菲菲:我已經做過這些了。

Neil: OK, how are you, Feifei?

尼爾:好的,你好嗎,菲菲?

Feifei: Not... good...

菲菲:不太好。

Neil: Oh dear. What's the matter?

尼爾:哦親愛的,發生了什麼?

Feifei: I can't believe you forgot.

菲菲:我不敢相信你忘記了。

Neil: Forgot? Oh no, what have I forgotten?

尼爾:忘記?哦不,我忘記什麼了?

Feifei: What haven't you forgotten? Well, for a start, you were supposed to meet me an hour ago.

菲菲:你麼忘記什麼?首先,你本應該一個小時之前就到達的。

Neil: Really? I thought I was only five minutes late.

尼爾:真的嗎?我以爲我只是晚了5分鐘。

Feifei: An hour and five minutes late. Secondly, you were supposed to be dressed smartly as we are meeting that very famous guest later.

菲菲:你晚了一個小時零5分鐘。其次,你本應該穿光鮮一點因爲我們一會兒要見一個很有名的客人。

Neil: Famous guest?

尼爾:有名的客人?

Feifei: Yes, our very famous guest.

菲菲:是的,我們非常出名的來賓。

Neil: Who's that, then?

尼爾:那是誰呢?

Feifei: How could you forget that Justin Bieber is coming in?!

菲菲:你怎麼能忘記賈斯汀比伯要來呢?

Neil: What!? My hero, Justin Bieber?! Where?! When?! Hang on a minute, Justin Bieber isn't coming in. I wasn't born yesterday, Feifei.

尼爾:什麼?我的偶像,賈斯汀比伯?在哪?什麼時候?等一下,賈斯汀比伯不會來的。我不會被欺騙的,菲菲。

Feifei: You weren't born yesterday but I was - well, twenty-something years ago. It was my birthday! And you forgot! In English, if you want to tell someone that they haven't made you believe an obvious lie, you can say I wasn't born yesterday. Here are some examples:

菲菲:你不是昨天生的但是我是--大約20多年前的的昨天。昨天是我的生日!你忘記了!在英語中,如果你想告訴某人你沒有被他明顯的謊言欺騙,你可以說我又不是昨天生的。以下是一些例子:

A: Did you know that I was the third man on the moon?

A:你知道我是第三個上月球的人嗎?

B: I wasn't born yesterday. You're British and I know that no British people have walked on the moon.

B:我又不是昨天生的。你是英國人,我知道還沒有英國人上過月球呢。

A: Learn Russian in 3 days with just one minute's study an hour!

A:一小時學一分鐘,三天學會俄語!

B: Those adverts are so stupid! The only way to learn a language is years of hard study and practice. I wasn't born yesterday.

B:那些廣告太傻了!學習一門語言的唯一方法就是長年的學習和練習。我不會被欺騙的。

Feifei: So, you can say "I wasn't born yesterday" to show that you are not easily fooled.

菲菲:所以,你可以說“我又不是昨天生的”來表示你不會被輕易欺騙。

Neil: And I wasn't born yesterday, so I know that Feifei's claim it was her birthday yesterday isn't true.

尼爾:我不會被輕易欺騙,所以我知道菲菲聲稱她昨天生日是假的。

Feifei: No, that bit is true.

菲菲:不,這個是真的。

Neil: Yeah, right. As I say: I wasn't born yesterday.

尼爾:是,對啊。正如我說的:我不會被輕易欺騙。

Feifei: I was! I really was born yesterday. I had a party and everything. Where's my card and present?

菲菲:我就是!我真的昨天生日。我舉辦了派對和所有東西。我的賀卡和禮物呢?

Neil: You're not going to fool me.

尼爾:你不會欺騙了我的。

Feifei: Argh, you're so annoying! I never forget your birthday, Neil.

菲菲:啊,你太煩人了!我從沒忘記你的生日,尼爾。

Neil: I know it wasn't your birthday yesterday...

尼爾:我知道昨天不是你的生日...

Feifei: It was!

菲菲:昨天就是!