當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第209期:冰球 Hockey

美語情景對話 第209期:冰球 Hockey

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.94W 次

Todd: OK, Steve you were saying that you're a big hockey fan.

託德:史蒂夫,你說你是冰球的忠實球迷。

Steve: That's right. I love hockey.

史蒂夫:沒錯。我很愛冰球。

Todd: OK. Why? What is it about hockey?

託德:嗯。爲什麼呢?冰球的魅力在哪兒?

Steve: Well, hockey is a really exciting sport. It's played on the ice. It's really fast. It's aggressive. Also, it requires a lot of skill. It's a really good sport for spectators to watch because there's lots of action. You can watch it at home with friends. Drink beer, eat pizza, and have a really good time. I also like it because I'm Canadian and it's Canada's national sport, and Canada is the best hockey team in the world right now.

史蒂夫:嗯,冰球是一項非常刺激的運動。這是一項在冰上進行的運動。它很有進攻性。當然,這項運動要求許多技藝。是一項很適合觀衆觀看的運動,因爲有許多動作。你可以在家裏和朋友一起看比賽。你們在比賽時可以喝着啤酒,吃着批薩,然後享受快樂時光。我喜歡這項運動因爲我是加拿大人,這是加拿大的國球,加拿大的冰球是目前世界最強的。

Todd: Now Canada has the best hockey team.

託德:加拿大有目前最強的冰球隊。

Steve: That's right. We won the gold medal. We won the world championship. Both the men's and the women's teams.

史蒂夫:沒錯。我們獲得了金牌。我們贏得了世界盃。男子和女子都是冠軍。

Todd: Wow, that's pretty cool. In hockey, how long is the game?

託德:哇,那真棒!冰球比賽一般要用多長時間?

Steve: The game is three twenty minute periods, but because of stoppages in play , it usually takes about two and a half hours for a whole game.

史蒂夫:比賽分爲三局,每局20分鐘,但是因爲比賽經常中斷,所以通常完成整場比賽要用兩個半小時。

Todd: Oh, OK, and did you play in high school when you were younger?

託德:哦,好的,你以前在高中時打過冰球嗎?

Steve: Ah, no, I'm not that good a skater. You have to be a really good skater, but I played street hockey and floor hockey.

史蒂夫:沒有,我滑冰不是很好。你必須要滑冰滑得很好才能打冰球,不過我打過街頭曲棍球和室內曲棍球。

Todd: OK, what's the difference between street hockey and ice hockey?

託德:嗯,街頭曲棍球和冰球之間有什麼區別?

Steve: Well, it's pretty much the same thing. Street hockey you play on the road or on a tennis court and instead of using a puck you use a hockey ball or a tennis ball.

史蒂夫:其實差不多一樣。街頭曲棍球是在道路上或是網球場上進行的,比賽中不會用冰球,而是用曲棍球或是網球。

Todd: OK, and do you run or?

託德:好的,那比賽中會奔跑嗎?

Steve: Yeah, you run.

史蒂夫:對,會跑的。

Todd: Oh, you run!

託德:哦,會奔跑!

Steve: Yeah. It's pretty well the same game.

史蒂夫:對。其實差不多是一樣的。

Todd: OK, alright, thanks Steve.

託德:好的,謝謝你,史蒂夫。

美語情景對話 第209期:冰球 Hockey

重點講解:
1. pretty much/pretty well
幾乎;近乎;差不多;
eg. The result of the ballot is pretty much what we expected.
投票的結果和我們預料的差不多。
eg. I travel pretty well every week.
我幾乎每週都出去旅行。
eg. The two are pretty much the same.
這兩個簡直一模一樣。
2. instead of
代替…;而不是…;
eg. She had to spend nearly four months away from him that summer, instead of the usual two.
那個夏天她被迫離開他將近四個月而不是通常的兩個月。
eg. Check-out workers in London will receive £7.17 an hour instead of £6.54.
倫敦的收銀員每小時工資將從原先的 6。54 英鎊漲爲 7。17 英鎊。
eg. They raised prices and cut production, instead of cutting costs.
他們沒有降低成本,而是擡高價格、削減產量。