當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第194期:冰箱 The Fridge

美語情景對話 第194期:冰箱 The Fridge

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.03W 次

Todd: OK, John, at your house do you have a refrigerator?

託德:約翰,你家裏有冰箱嗎?

John: Yes, a very small refrigerator.

約翰:有,有一個非常小的冰箱。

Todd: OK, what is in your refrigerator?

託德:哦,你冰箱裏有什麼?

John: Let's see. There are some eggs, a carton of milk, some strawberry jam, some butter, some cheese, maybe some tofu, some green onions, carrots, some lettuce, and maybe some ice tea.

約翰:讓我想想。裏面有雞蛋,一盒牛奶,草莓醬,黃油,奶酪,可能還有些豆腐,大蔥,胡蘿蔔,萵苣,也許還有點冰茶。

Todd: OK, so do you follow a healthy diet?

託德:好,你遵循健康的飲食習慣嗎?

John: Ah, sometimes. I say about every other day I try to eat healthy and then on some days I just go donut and candy crazy.

約翰:嗯,有些時候。大約每隔一天我就會吃得健康些,其他的日子我會瘋狂地吃甜甜圈和糖果。

Todd: So donuts are your thing? You're really crazy about donuts.

託德:你吃甜甜圈?你好像很喜歡甜甜圈。

John: Yeah, baked goods, cakes, donuts, cheesecake, any kind of cake or sweet bread.

約翰:對,我喜歡烘焙食品,像蛋糕,甜甜圈,奶酪蛋糕,或是其它蛋糕和甜麪包。

Todd: Mm, actually you brought donuts today!

託德:嗯,實際上你今天也帶了甜甜圈!

John: Yeah, I was given donuts by a student so, yeah, I was glad there was other people to help me eat them so I didn't eat them all.

約翰:對,一個學生給我的甜甜圈,我很高興有人幫我吃了,這樣我就不用把這些甜甜圈都吃了。

Todd: That was very nice of your students. Um, do you prefer to cook at home or eat out?

託德:你的學生真好。嗯,你是更喜歡在家做飯吃還是出去吃?

John: Um, usually I prefer to cook at home, just because there are a few dishes that my wife and I like to make and that we're pretty good at, and that we're real comfortable with, but if I'm real tired, if it's been a long day at work there's nothing better than just going to a restaurant and being served you food right away, not having to wait.

約翰:嗯,通常我喜歡在家做飯吃,有一些菜式是我和我妻子很喜歡也很擅長做的,我們會感到很舒服,不過如果我非常累,如果那天工作了太長時間,沒有什麼比去飯館吃飯更好的了,最好是食物馬上就可以準備好,不用等的那種。

Todd: So with your wife do you usually cook together or do you take turns cooking? Do you alternate?

託德:那你和你妻子經常一起做飯,還是你們輪流做飯?你們輪流嗎?

John: We usually take turns. When we first started dating we would cook together. We had a big kitchen, where she was living there was a big kitchen and there was room enough for both of us to move around, and we were still really comfortable with each other, and open and we always wanted to share ideas, but now we have a really small kitchen and there's really only room for one of us, and also too we're at the point in our relationship where I know that she makes fried chicken better than I do and she knows that I make chili better than she does so the other person should just get out of the kitchen, and let the one who's cooking, you know, do their job.

約翰:通常我們會輪流做飯。我們剛開始約會的時候會一起做飯。我們有一個大廚房,那時她住的地方有個大廚房,有足夠我們倆來回走動的空間,所以我們不會干擾到彼此,那裏很寬敞,我們經常會交流一些意見,但是現在我們的廚房非常小,只夠一個人活動的空間,而且現在我們之間的情況是,我很清楚她的炸雞比我做的好,而她也知道我的辣味菜比她做的好,所以做的不好的人就離開廚房,讓擅長做的人來完成烹飪。

美語情景對話 第194期:冰箱 The Fridge

重點講解:
1. Let me see./Let's see.
(表示試圖記起某事或找到某物)讓我想一想,讓我看看;
eg. Let's see, they're six — no, make that five hours ahead of us.
讓我想一想,他們比我們早 6 個——不,就算是早 5 個小時完成。
eg. Now let me see, who's the man we want?
現在讓我看一看,誰是我們要找的人?
2. every other day
每隔一天;
eg. He goes to see a film every other day.
他每隔一天去看一場電影。
eg. We have physics lessons this term at school every other day.
我們本學期在學校每隔一天上一次物理課。
3. be crazy about sth.
熱衷;狂熱某事;
eg. He's still crazy about both his work and his hobbies.
他對工作和個人愛好依然保持狂熱。
eg. I'm also not crazy about the initial terms of the deal.
我對該協議的最初條款也不太滿意。
4. prefer to do sth.
更喜歡;偏好做某事;
eg. I prefer to go on self-catering holidays.
我喜歡膳食自助的度假。
eg. I prefer to see animals in their natural habitat, rather than in zoos.
我寧願觀賞居住在自然棲息地裏的動物,而不願看關在動物園裏的動物。
5. take turns doing sth
輪流做某事;表示的是已發生並將繼續發生的情形;
eg. All the members of the committee take turns acting as chairperson.
委員會的所有成員輪流當主席。
eg. It's good to work with a partner and take turns playing and recording.
最好找一名夥伴進行合作,輪流做實驗並記錄結果。