當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 跟艾米莉一起學口語 第789期:和朋友借錢

跟艾米莉一起學口語 第789期:和朋友借錢

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.75W 次

基礎短語

ing-bottom: 177.78%;">跟艾米莉一起學口語 第789期:和朋友借錢


do sb a favor

幫某人一個忙


owe sb sth/owe sth to sb

欠某人某物

He owes his father $200.=

He owes $200 to his father.

他欠他爸爸200美元。


loan

借;借款

a car loan

車貸

It took three years to repay my student loan.

我花了三年時間才還清我的學生貸款。


經典對話


A: Hey. I was wondering if you could do me a favor.

嗨,我正想找你幫忙呢。


B: That depends. What is it?

看情況吧,什麼事兒?


A: It's kind of a big favor. I'm absolutely flat broke and I owe my landlady $200. She's given me until Friday to give it to her, but I don't get paid until next Monday. Do you think you could loan me some cash until I get paid?

是件大事兒。我身無分文,還欠了房東太太200美元。她限我星期五之前還錢,但是我下週一才能領薪水。在領工資之前,你能不能借我點現金?


B: I'd love to help you out, but I'm a bit short on cash this month as well. I have to get a new engine put into my car and that ate up my savings.

我很想幫你解決這個困難,但是我這個月也很缺錢。我剛剛給我的汽車買了新的發動機,還花光了我所有的積蓄。


A: If you can't give me the full amount ,a fraction of it will still help. I'll pay you back on Monday, I promise.

如果你不能借我全款,借我一部分也能幫上忙。我下週一一定還給你,我保證。

a fraction of表示“少量”


B: Let's see, I've got about $50 to get me through the weekend. I can only spare about $20. I would give you more if I had it. I just don't have much money to my name right now.

咱們看看啊,我撐到這週末一共需要50塊,那就還能剩下20塊給你。要是有的話我一定多給你一些,可是現在我名下真的沒什麼錢了。


A: Thanks a lot. Every little bit will help. If you aren't doing anything tonight, why don't you come over and have dinner at my place?

非常感謝。每一點錢都會非常有幫助的。我跟你說,要是你今天晚上沒有什麼安排的話,來我家吃晚飯吧。


B: That'd be great, thanks. What time should I come over?

那太好了,謝謝,我幾點鐘過去?


A: How about at six p.m?

晚上六點怎麼樣?


B: See you then.

到時候見。