當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 職場社交英語 Lesson 69:靈驗了嗎?

職場社交英語 Lesson 69:靈驗了嗎?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.22W 次

職場社交英語 Lesson 69:靈驗了嗎?

SCENE ③ C 電話響起

padding-bottom: 66.88%;">職場社交英語 Lesson 69:靈驗了嗎?

【靈驗了嗎?】

Zina: Hi, Dave. This is Zina.

吉娜: 嗨,戴夫。我是吉娜。

Dave: Zina? Zina the Snake?

戴夫: 吉娜?詐包吉娜?

Zina: I got your e-mail a couple of months back.

吉娜: 幾個月前我收到了你寄來的電子郵件。

Dave: Yeah? Which one was that?

戴夫: 是嗎?是哪一封?

Zina: The one that said, "You're a 1) creep. / From me you won't hear another 2) peep. / I hope you 3) wreck your jeep."

吉娜: 上面寫着:“你這討厭鬼。/休想我會再理你。/望你吉普車會撞毀。”

Dave: Right. That one. 4) Did it work?

戴夫: 那一封啊。靈驗了嗎?

語言詳解:

A: I told dad you wrecked the car!

我跟老爸說你撞壞車子了!

B: You're not going to get away with this. It was your fault, not mine.

你脫不了關係。都是你的錯,不是我。

【Did it work? 靈驗了嗎?】

要注意work 並不專指“工作”,有時指“靈光、有效”。

A: My brain doesn't seem to work well today.

我腦袋今天好像不靈光。

B: You're better take a walk outside. But be back soon. We have a lot of work to do this afternoon.

你最好到外面走一走。但是要快快回來,我們下午有一大堆事要做。

A: I understand you had a bad cold yesterday.

我聽說你昨天患了重感冒。

B: It's gone. My grandma's prescription really works.

已經痊癒了。我祖母的處方真的有效。

1) creep (n.) 令人討厭的人

2) peep (n.) 小的聲音。這裏是指“消息”。

3) wreck (v.) 撞毀

4) Did it work? 有用嗎?有效嗎?