當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1320期:令大吃一驚;令大感意外

迷你對話學地道口語第1320期:令大吃一驚;令大感意外

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.35K 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 52.19%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1320期:令大吃一驚;令大感意外

A: I have something for you. It will shake you to the foundations.

我有件事情告訴你,會讓你大吃一驚。

B: What? Please tell me.

什麼,請快告訴我。

A: Your sister-in-law is my brother's former lover.

你的嫂子是我哥哥以前的戀人。

B: Oh, my gosh. It's so unbelievable.

哦,天啊,太難以置信了。

第二,地道表達

shake sb. to one's foundations

解詞釋義

Shake有“使......震驚”的意思,foundations是“基礎,根源”的意思。那麼,shake sb. to one's (the)foundations的字面意思是“使......震驚到根基”,意思爲:讓某人在內心深處受到震動,令人大吃一驚,令人大感意外。

拓展範例

E.g. She was shaken to her foundations when he rounded on her and called her a liar.

他突然怒斥她說謊,她大吃一驚。

E.g. She was shaken to her foundations when she went round a College of Education.

去年,她順便參觀一所教育學院,對那裏的情況大吃一驚。

E.g. I'm sure Henry was none too pleased to hear the news, which must shake him to his foundations.

我敢說,亨利聽到這個消息肯定不高興,他肯定會大吃一驚。

E.g. It shakes us to our foundations when they told us over two hundred employees would lose their jobs.

聽說兩百名僱員將被解僱,我們真是大吃一驚。

第三,好詞妙語

have something for sb. :告訴某人某事,給某某些事情做

E.g. Do you have something for me to write with?

你有沒有東西可以讓我用來寫呢?

E.g. I am not the person who enjoys sitting still for long. I hope you shall have something for me to do soon.

我從就不喜歡坐着發呆沒事做,我希望你很快就能找些事給我做。

E.g. I encouraged him that it would be good to have something for himself. He did. He had the wife of the instructor.

我鼓勵他說,擁有一點自己的東西也許是件好事情,他照辦了。結果他與指導教練的妻子好上了。