當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第298期:雅思詞彙(138)

點滴英語天天學第298期:雅思詞彙(138)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.29W 次

1. Expression:mad as wet hen

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">點滴英語天天學第298期:雅思詞彙(138)

Explanation:Enraged; extremely or inconsolably angry. (非常生氣

Usage:這個短語實省略了as,可以在 mad前面加上as,即:as mad as a wet hen。

Example:My dad was mad as a wet hen after I crashed his car.

我把我爸的車撞壞了,他氣得發瘋。

You make me as mad as a wet hen with the way you carry on sometimes, you know that?

你有時候讓我很生氣,是因爲你做事的方式,你意識到這點嗎?

Everybody that was not invited was as mad as a wet hen.

沒有受到邀請的人個個都很生氣。

2. Expression:like a hen with one chicken

Explanation:Extremely anxious and overprotective. (極度焦慮而過度保護,在小事情上瞎操心,大驚小怪的)

Example:A: I can't believe your curfew is only nine o'clock.

真不敢相信你的宵禁時間在9點鐘。

B: Yeah, my mom can be like a hen with one chick sometimes.

是的,我母親有時候在小事情上瞎操心。

She never lets her son go out on his own; she's like a hen with one chicken.

她從來不讓她兒子單獨外出,她總是大驚小怪的。

3. Expression:hen party

Explanation:A gossipy party attended by women. (女人蔘加的閒聊式的聚會,女人蔘加的八卦聚

Expression:The girls at work planned a hen party for Sarah since she is due to get married soon.

由於薩拉很快就準備結婚了,所以公司裏的姑娘們爲她準備了一個閒聊式的聚會。

I'll be home tonight to take care of the kids because Susan has a hen party with the women she went to college with. Friday it's my turn - I'm going to a stag party to play poker.

我今晚得在家照顧孩子,因爲Susan要去參加以前大學女同學的婦女閒聊式的聚會。然而星期五將輪到我出去,我要去參加男子聚會打撲克。

My wife had a hen party at our house yesterday so I went to the movie.

因爲昨天我太太在我們家裏舉行一場閒聊式的聚會,所以我就去看電影了。