當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第338期:雅思詞彙(198)

點滴英語天天學第338期:雅思詞彙(198)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.15W 次

1. Expression:kiss one’s ass

padding-bottom: 66.56%;">點滴英語天天學第338期:雅思詞彙(198)

Explanation:To fawn over someone; to flatter and curry favor with someone. (奉承某人,拍某人的馬屁

Example:It's no wonder you're the teacher's favorite from the way you kiss her ass!

從你奉承老師的樣子來看,難怪你是老師的寵物。

Look, it's just the nature of this business that sometimes you have to kiss ass if you want to get ahead.

聽着,這生意的本質就是如果你想出人頭地,有時候就得拍馬屁。

He looks for courtesy from his subordinates but he doesn't expect them to kiss his ass.

他期待下屬對他謙恭有禮,而不希望他們拍馬奉承。

He must woo and kiss the official’s ass because without his goodwill he will be deprived of information.

他必須討好和奉承這個官員,因爲沒有官員的善意,他就搞不到情況。

Explanation 2:收拾某人

Example:A:Come one, dude. Let’s go to the movies.

來吧,夥計,咱們去看電影。

B:I warn you that I am not straight. Don’t mess with me unless you want me to kick your ass.

我警告你我不是同性戀。別來煩我,除非你想讓我揍你一頓。

2. Expression:asshole

Explanation:A rude, annoying, or mean person; a jerk. (粗魯的、令人討厭的或卑鄙的人,一個混蛋

Example:Ugh, that guy is such an asshole—don't even bother talking to him.

呃,那個傢伙真是個混蛋,根本不用和他說話。

Can you believe that asshole just spilled his coffee on me and didn’t even apologize?

你能相信嗎——那個混蛋把咖啡灑在我身上,甚至都不道歉?

3. Expression:tear one a new asshole

Explanation:To criticize, berate, or upbraid one in an extremely belligerent and angry manner. (嚴厲批評,斥責或訓斥某人

Example:Oh man, the boss is going to tear me a new asshole when he finds out what happened!

天哪,老闆要是發現了這件事,一定會罵我的!

I hope the government tears that company a new asshole for what they did.

我希望政府因這家公司所做的行爲而進行嚴厲地批評。