當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第303期:雅思詞彙(163)

點滴英語天天學第303期:雅思詞彙(163)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.66W 次

1. Expression:to a hair

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">點滴英語天天學第303期:雅思詞彙(163)

Explanation:絲毫不差地,極其精確地

Example:I don't know his age but I think I could guess it to a hair.

我不知道他的年齡,但我想可以完全猜得出來。

The writer has hit off the character of a miser to a hair.

這位作家把守財奴的性格描繪得惟妙惟肖。

The vocation will fit you to a hair.

這種職業對你再適合不過了。

When he's spending the money, he calculates it to a hair.

他花錢的時候要數得分毫不差。

2. Expression:get one by the short hairs

Explanation:To get/have somebody in a position where they must agree to what you want. (任意擺佈某人,完全操縱某人)

Usage:也可以說爲have someone by the short hairs

Example: He found out about my involvement and is using it to blackmail me—he's got me by the short hairs now.

我發現我參與了這事情,以此來勒索我,我只能由他擺佈。

We can’t go on strike because the boss will simply hire new staff. He’s got us by the short hairs.

我們不能舉行罷工,因爲老闆將會僱傭新員工,我們只能任由老闆擺佈。

We'll have to agree to their terms because we owe them a lot of money. They get us by the short hairs.

我們只得同意他們的條件,困爲我們欠了他們許多錢。我們完全受他們操縱。

She's evidently got her husband by the short hairs.

顯然,她把丈夫牢牢地掌握在手心裏。

3. Expression:keep one’s hair on

Explanation:To remain patient and calm, especially when beginning to become angry or upset with impatience. (保持冷靜,保持耐心)

Example:Yeah, yeah, keep your hair on! I'll have the report finished by the end of the day!

是的,是的,保持冷靜別生氣!我將會在明天之前完成這份報告

I hope, in spite of what I've said, that you'll keep your hair on with me, Hob.

霍布,不管我說了些啥,但我還是希望你保持冷靜,不要對我發脾氣。

A: That lady is pestering us about getting her car back today.

那位女士纏着我們要我們今天把她的車還給她。

B: We need another day to get it fixed. Tell her to keep her hair on!

我們還需要一天才能修好,告訴別發脾氣。