當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第305期:雅思詞彙(165)

點滴英語天天學第305期:雅思詞彙(165)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.83W 次

1. Expression:smooth one’s hair the wrong way

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">點滴英語天天學第305期:雅思詞彙(165)

Explanation:Make someone angry. (使某人惱怒

Example:That kid practicing the drum next door every night is really smoothing my hair the wrong way. I'm just about at the end of my patience; one of these days I'm going to call the cops and complain.

隔壁那孩子每晚都在練習打鼓,這真使我不勝其擾。我幾乎到忍無可忍的地步了;這兩天裏我就會去找警察申訴。

It smoothed John’s hair the wrong way that he found out that someone else had been given the promotion instead of him.

John發現別人得以晉升,而自己沒有,這可把他惹怒了。

I think I might start cycling to work in the morning—this traffic really smooths my hair the wrong way!

我想我或許開始早上騎自行車去上班,因爲這交通情況真的讓我惱怒極了。

2. Expression:do one’s hair

Explanation:做髮型

Example:The girls have their hair done to get ready for the party.

姑娘們做好了髮型,準備參加聚會。

I 'd love to change the way I do my hair .

我希望改變一下我的髮式。

Chin Mah, hurry up and do your mistress's hair.

金媽,趕快給姨太太梳頭。

3. Expression:split hairs

Explanation:To make or focus on trivial or petty details, differences. (把精力集中在非常細小的細節或區別上,纏住細枝末節問題不放,吹毛求疵

Example:Look, Granny would be upset to hear you arguing like this. Let’s not split hairs. We'll take turns putting our names on plates, books, pictures. That's the fair way.

哎,奶奶要能聽到你們這樣爭吵也會生氣的。我們別爲這些小事爭來爭去糾纏不休了,還是大家輪流把自己的名字貼到自己想要的盤子,書和照片上吧,這樣分才公平。

Look, let's tell our lawyers to stop splitting hairs on things like whose name comes first in our ads. I don't care! I'm ready to sign the contract right now if you feel the same.

哎!我們去跟各自的律師說說吧,別再糾纏廣告上把誰的名字排第一之類的細枝末節的問題了。我纔不在乎呢!要是你同意我的看法的話,我現在就準備在合同上簽字了。

I'm sorry to split hairs but your portion of the bill is $25.97, not $25.79.

對不起,我要吹毛求疵了——你的那份賬單是25.97美元,不是25.79美元。

I actually think it was your responsibility, not Dave's, but let's not split hairs about it.

實際上,我認爲這是你的責任,不是Dave的責任。我們不要再糾結這些細枝末節的問題了。