當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第315期:雅思詞彙(155)

點滴英語天天學第315期:雅思詞彙(155)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.68K 次

1. Expression:in a circle

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">點滴英語天天學第315期:雅思詞彙(155)

Usage:也可以說爲:in circles

Explanation:without making progress. (兜圈子,毫無進展地

Example:We've argued this point for nearly two hours and we're just going round in circles.

我們爲這一點辯論了近兩個小時,仍毫無進展。

2. Expression:in a nut shell

Explanation:In summary; concisely. (概括地說,簡潔地說,說話不拖泥帶水地

Example:I don't want the long version—just tell me what your thesis is in a nutshell.

我不想聽長篇大論,就簡要告訴我你的論文大意就行了。

He had a great deal to make him a popular and successful figure in a nut shell.

簡而言之,他有好些優點都足以成爲一個受人歡迎的得意人物。

In a nut shell, what happened at work today?

簡明而要地說說今天上班發生什麼事情?

A: Mum, what do you think about my speech today?

媽媽,你覺得我今天的演講怎麼?

B: It’s wonderful. But next time, if you can do it in a nut shell, things will be even better.

演講得非常好,但是如果你下次演講的時候能夠簡潔一些就更好了。

A: Yes, mum. I will try.

好的,媽媽,我會努力的。

3. Expression:in a rut

Explanation:In a type of boring habitual behavior. (單調乏味的,毫無創意的行爲;墨守成規,循規蹈矩的生活,千篇一律地,一成不變地)

Example:I had so many ambitions when I first graduated from college, but now I feel like I'm in a rut.

當我剛從大學畢業的時候,我有很多的理想,但是現在我覺得我的生活太枯燥乏味了。

We're stuck in a rut—let's move abroad for the summer and shake things up!

我們陷入太墨守成規的生活——我們搬到國外過夏天去徹底改變一下吧!

Anne was tired of being in a rut, so she moved to Los Angeles.

因爲安妮厭倦了一成不變的生活,所以她搬到了洛杉磯。

A: Jane, you need to try something new for you has been in a rut for so long time.

Jane,你需要嘗試一些新鮮事物了,因爲長久以來你都過着循規蹈矩的生活。

B: You are right. I am really fed with my cunrrent life style.

你說得對。我真的厭倦了我現在的生活方式。