當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美劇中出鏡率極高的地道俚語(4)

美劇中出鏡率極高的地道俚語(4)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.25W 次

We' ll get through this together.

get through:度過難關

ing-bottom: 100%;">美劇中出鏡率極高的地道俚語(4)

eg: A: m so nervous about the final exam. 

我好擔心期末考試的事.

B: Don' t worry,you' ll get through it. 

別擔心,你一定會堅持到底的.    

Emily had a hard time adjusting to her new job but she got through this. 

Emily經過了一個很難熬的時間去適應她的新工作,她終於扛過來了.


I' m not giving in to anything.

give in:屈服

eg: I asked my boss for a raise for so many times that he eventually gave in.

我跟老闆說好多次加薪的事,他終於認了.

Ellen' s husband wants to move to Moscow, but she refuses to give in because she hates cold weather.

Ellen的老公想搬到莫斯科,但Ellen拒絕妥協,因爲她很不喜歡太冷的天氣.


I just wanted to tell you for old times' sake.

for old times' sake:念在往日情分

eg: Let' s go to Pete' s Restaurant tonight for old times' haven' t been there since we moved 5 years ago. 

我們去彼得餐廳重溫往日時光吧,5年前我們搬走後就再沒去過了.

I want to meet up with my college roommates for old times' have seen each other for so long.

我和想見見我大學時的室友,我們已經很久沒見面了.


stab a person in the back 背後捅刀; 出賣某人

A: I can't believe my best friend stabbed me in the back.

A: 我不敢相信我最好的朋友竟然出賣我。

B: What happened?

B: 怎麼回事?

"stab a person in the back" 和 "sell a person out" 都是出賣某人的意思。和中文語法很像, 應該很好記的。


leave someone alone 不干涉; 聽其自然

A: Isn't it about time Jane visited her hairdresser? Her bangs are hanging all over her face now.

A: Jane 該去見她的美髮師了吧! 她的劉海都(長到)垂到臉上了。

B: Leave her alone. Maybe she likes to have her eyes covered so she doesn't have to see your face.

B: 你管她! 也許她希望(頭髮長到)把眼睛蓋住, 好看不見你的臉啊!

"leave me alone" 和上一句中的 "Get off my back" 意思很像, 都有要求別人不要管的意思。"hairdresser" 是花時間整理你頭髮的美髮師; "barber" 則是收費低廉, 5分鐘就把你的頭髮剪好送出門的理髮師。


Get off my back. 不要管我!

A: Why don't you get off my back? You've been bitching at me all night

A: 你爲何不讓我一個人安靜一下? 你整個晚上都在抱怨我。

B: That's fine. Never talk to me again.

B: 好啊! 你都不要再和我講話好了。

"bitch" 是母狗的意思, 也有人用來罵兇悍的女子(或所謂的賤貨)。 "bitch" 還有抱怨的意思, 抱怨者不必是女生

"Why are you so bitchy today?"

你今天怎麼好像是吃錯藥似的, 抱怨個不停?


hard feelings 怨氣

A: Man, I'm really sorry about what happened last night.

A: 老兄啊! 昨晚的事真是抱歉..

B: It's all right. It's over with. No hard feelings.

B: 沒關係。已經過去了。沒什麼好生氣了。

"It's over with" 是已經過去了。結束某種不愉快的情緒, 可以用get over。 如 "I know you were mad at him for what he had done. But, it has been five years. Get over it."

我知道你很氣他所作的事, 但是這已經是五年前的事了, 你應該釋懷了。


have a crush on 迷戀某人

A I'm having this huge crush on Ted. I'm going to try and see if I can ask him out this weekend.

A: 我最近好喜歡 Ted 喔! 我想看看能不能約他這個週末出來。

B: I heard that he is already seeing somebody.

B: 嗯....但是我聽說他已經有了交往的對象了。

美國人關於交友的用詞和我們有些不同。這裏的 "he is seeing somebody" 有可能指他剛正開始和某人交往, 也可能指他和對方已經交往了一陣子。還有一個美國人常用來形容他們的感情狀況的字是"relationship"。


windbag (a person who talks too much, especially about boring things)

羅哩巴嗦的人

有些人受瞎扯,談話的內容更是枯燥乏味。英文稱這種人爲windbag,因爲他就象裝滿廢氣的氣囊,“吐”出來的盡是些無聊的“廢氣”。

A: You know what? Howard spent hour talking nonsense to me last night.

你知道嗎?霍華德昨晚花了幾個小時跟我講了一大堆廢話。

B: You poor guy! Everyone knows he's a real windbag.

你這個可憐的傢伙!大家都知道他是個很羅哩巴嗦的人。