當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:你們聚餐 我付錢!

雙語美文:你們聚餐 我付錢!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.59W 次

A few years ago I had just gone through a long and difficult divorce.

ing-bottom: 66.72%;">雙語美文:你們聚餐 我付錢!

幾年前,我剛剛辦完離婚手續,這是一個漫長而艱難的過程。


 I was finally able to take my 9 month old daughter out (not just visit at mom's) with me and my 4 year old daughter.

我終於可以把9個月大的小女兒,還有4歲的大女孩帶出家門去玩耍,而不僅僅是拜訪一下。


Al beit for limited times.

可是這種出遊的次數卻有限制。


On my way home from work I had picked up the girls from daycare.

我在下班回家的路上,從幼兒園接回了兩個女兒。


 We stopped at the grocery story to grab something to cook for dinner.

我們走進一家雜貨店,想要買些食材來做晚餐。


My time was limited, as they had to be returned to mom's in less than 2 hours.

我的時間有限,必須在兩個小時之內,讓她們回到前妻那裏。


After grocery shopping, including a 4 year old bathroom break, we went to check out.

買完東西,又花了點時間等4歲的女兒去上廁所,我們準備去結賬


This had been a bit trying

沒想到好事多磨


and I was stressed with the time crunch .

我感到時間緊迫,不由得十分焦急


It was after everything was rung up ($19)

每樣東西都已經結清,總共19美元


that I discovered I had left my wallet at home that day.

這時我才發現,這天自己把錢包丟在家裏了 


After explaining to the clerk that I could not pay,

我只得向收銀員解釋,自己沒法付款


we headed for the car to go home

然後我們走出雜貨店,準備開車回家


and come up with a plan to beat the time crunch .

想辦法補救一下流逝的時間


Half way to the car

我們快要走到車前,這時


and I hear a woman calling "sir, sir" from behind me.

我聽到一位女士從我背後喊着“等等,先生!” 


She had overheard us and offered to pay for our groceries.

她無意間聽到了我們的對話,決定爲我們支付食材的費用


After reminding myself to accept kindness as I like to give it,

通常情況下,我更願意向他人表達善意,而不是接受,但我提醒過自己,也要懂得接受善意,所以,我收下了那位女士給我的錢


we were able to go home with food in hand

我和女兒們得以帶着食材回到家裏


and enjoy our family time together.

享受了一段美好的父女時光


My stress completely disappeared at that moment.

那個時候,我焦急的心情早已煙消雲散


She said it was not a big deal, as she could afford to do it.

那時,那位女士還對我說,這只是舉手之勞,既然她有幫助別人的能力,就應該幫助別人。


Ma'am, it was a HUGE deal!

可是我想說,不,女士,這絕非是舉手之勞


 I have since paid it forward at every opportunity

從那之後,我只要一有機會,就會向別人回饋那樣的善意


 and will continue to do so.

我也會一直這樣做