當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(2)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(2)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.45K 次

As president of their association, my father felt he couldn't let all those people down so he delivered his speech as planned.

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(2)
身爲組織的領導人,他覺得自己不能讓大家失望。於是,他按照原定計劃完成了演講。

But there were beads of sweat on his forehead and for once there was no need for anyone to signal to him to wind it up.

但他的額頭不斷冒出豆大的汗珠,而且僅此一次,他沒有被人提醒時間已到。

As soon as he had finished, my father did not wait to take questions from the audience and instead rushed off to the hospital with Ahmad Shah and another friend, Riaz, who had a car.

演講一結束,父親沒有等觀衆提問,就與艾哈邁德·沙赫和另一個有車的朋友一起趕往醫院。

The hospital was only five minutes away.

到醫院只有五分鐘的路程。

They arrived to find crowds gathered outside and photographers and TV cameras.

他們抵達時,發現醫院外面已經擠滿了人,還有拍照和電視臺的攝像機。

Then he knew for certain that I was there.

這時,他知道我肯定是在這臺車上了。

My father's heart sank.

父親的心猛地一沉,

He pushed through the people and ran through the camera flashes into the hospital.

他推開人羣,在此起彼伏的閃光燈中衝進醫院裏。

Inside I was lying on a trolley, a bandage over my head, my eyes closed, my hair spread out.

我躺在擔架上,頭上包着繃帶,披頭散髮,雙眼緊閉。

'My daughter, you are my brave daughter, my beautiful daughter,' he said over and over, kissing my forehead and cheeks and nose.

“我的女兒啊,我勇敢的女兒,我漂亮的女兒。”他重複了一遍又一遍,一邊說一邊親吻我的額頭、臉頰和鼻子。

He didn't know why he was speaking to me in English.

他不知道自己爲什麼要用英文跟我說話。

I think somehow I knew he was there even though my eyes were closed.

雖然我當時雙目緊閉,失去知覺,但我覺得,我一定知道父親來到了身邊。

My father said later, 'I can't explain it. I felt she responded.'

父親後來說:“我無法解釋,但我覺得她在迴應我的呼喚。”

Someone said I had smiled.

有人說我微笑了一下。

But to my father it was not a smile, just a small beautiful moment because he knew he had not lost me for ever.

但父親知道那不是個微笑,那只是一個美好的瞬間。在那一瞬間,他知道他沒有永遠失去我。