當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(9)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(9)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.61W 次

'I'm confused,' he told Colonel Junaid. 'Why are we here?

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第21章:主啊 我將她託付給你(9)
“我不明白,”他對朱奈德上校說,“爲什麼我們會在這裏?

I thought we'd go to the civil hospital.'

我以爲我們要去普通民衆的醫院。”

Then he asked, 'Please, can you bring in Dr Mumtaz?'

接着他問道:“拜託你,可以請墨姆塔茲醫生來嗎?”

'How would that look?' replied Colonel Junaid who was, not surprisingly, offended.

“這怎麼行?”不出意料,朱奈德上校回答時,好像被冒犯了的樣子。

Afterwards, we found out that despite his youthful appearance he had been a neurosurgeon for thirteen years and was the most experienced and decorated neurosurgeon in the Pakistani army.

後來我們才知道,雖然他看起來很年輕,其實已經有13年的腦神經外科從業經驗,而且他也是巴基斯坦軍方最有經驗、獲勳最多的腦神經外科醫生。

He had joined the military as a doctor because of their superior facilities, following in the footsteps of his uncle, who was also an army neurosurgeon.

爲了獲得使用更先進的醫療器材的機會,他追隨同爲軍方醫生的叔父的足跡,加入軍事醫療機構。

The Peshawar CMH was on the front line of the war on the Taliban and Junaid dealt with gunshot wounds and blasts every day.

白沙瓦的軍事綜合醫院位於軍方與塔利班交火的前線,朱奈德醫生每天都要面對槍傷和爆炸事件。

'I've treated thousands of Malalas,' he later said.

“我已經治療過數千個馬拉拉了。”他後來說道。

But my father didn't know that at the time and became very depressed.

但父親當時並不知道這些,他感到非常沮喪。

'Do whatever you think,' he said. 'You're the doctor.'

“就聽你的吧,”他說,“你是醫生。”

The next few hours were a wait-and-see time, the nurses monitoring my heartbeat and vital signs.

接下來的幾個小時是觀察期,護士監控着我的心跳和生命指數

Occasionally I made a low grunt and moved my hand or fluttered my eyes.

我偶爾會低聲呻吟、動動手指或是眨動眼睛。

Then Maryam would say, 'Malala, Malala.'

這時,瑪麗安就會呼喚我:“馬拉拉,馬拉拉。”

Once my eyes completely opened.

其中有一次,我完全張開了眼睛。

'I never noticed before how beautiful her eyes are,' said Maryam.

“我以前從沒注意到她的眼睛如此美麗。”瑪麗安說。

I was restless and kept trying to get the monitor off my finger.

我一直躁動不安,企圖把手指上的監視器弄掉。

'Don't do that,' Maryam said.

“不要這樣。”瑪麗安說。