當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 網球與斯瓦特佛像(17)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 網球與斯瓦特佛像(17)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.63W 次

They called themselves Martyrs for Benazir.

ing-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 網球與斯瓦特佛像(17)

死者多數是學生,他們如鎖鏈般緊緊圍住了巴士,宣稱自己是貝?布托的殉道者。

At school that day everyone was subdued, even those who had opposed Benazir.

那天在學校,所有人都靜默無語,就連那些反對她的人也是。

We were devastated but also thankful that she had survived.

我們心力交瘁,但都感謝上天讓她活了下來。

About a week later the army came to Swat, making lots of noise with their jeeps and helicopters.

約一個星期之後,軍隊來到斯瓦特,他們的吉普車和直升機製造了很多噪聲。

We were at school when the helicopters first arrived and were very excited.

當時我們都在學校,看見直升機抵達時,非常興奮。

We ran outside and they threw toffees and tennis balls down to us, which we rushed to catch.

我們跑到空地上,機上的人向我們丟下太妃糖及網球,我們都搶着去撿。在斯瓦特,很少有機會看見直升機。

Helicopters were a rare sight in Swat, but since our house was close to the local army headquarters they sometimes flew right over us.

不過,因爲我們家鄰近當地的軍事中心,它們偶爾會從我們頭上飛過。

We used to hold competitions for who would collect the most toffees.

我們還比賽過,看誰能撿到最多的太妃糖。

One day a man from along the street came and told us that it had been announced in the mosques that there would be a curfew the next day.

有一天,一個男人沿着街道走來,告訴我們有人在清真寺宣佈隔天會有宵禁。

We didn’t know what a curfew was and were anxious.

我們不知道什麼是宵禁,不免有些焦慮。