當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 網球與斯瓦特佛像(18)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 網球與斯瓦特佛像(18)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.56K 次

There was a hole in the wall to our neighbours’ house, Safina’s family, through which we used to communicate with them, and we knocked on the wall so they would come to the hole.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第10章:太妃糖 網球與斯瓦特佛像(18)

我們家和鄰居薩芬娜家之間的牆上有個小洞,我們平時可以通過這個洞來說話;只要敲敲那堵牆,他們就會來到洞旁。

‘What does it mean this curfew?’ we asked.

爲什麼會有宵禁?我們問。

When they explained, we didn’t even come out of our rooms because we thought something bad might happen.

當他們跟我們解釋時,我們知道某種不好的事可能要發生了。

Later the curfew took over our lives.

不久以後,宵禁控制了我們的生活。

We heard on the news that Musharraf had sent 3,000 troops into our valley to confront the Taliban.

我們聽到消息,穆沙拉夫派了3000名士兵到我們的河谷來對付塔利班。

They occupied all government and private buildings which they thought were of strategic importance.

軍隊佔據了他們認爲具備戰略意義的政府建築或者私宅。

Until then it had seemed as if the rest of Pakistan was ignoring what was happening in Swat.

在政府實際派兵前,我們以爲巴基斯坦其餘地方根本不在乎這裏發生的一切。

The following day a suicide bomber attacked another army truck in Swat, killing seventeen soldiers and thirteen civilians.

隔天,一名自殺式炸彈襲擊者襲擊了一輛停駐在斯瓦特的軍用卡車,殺死了17名軍人及13名普通百姓。

Then all that night we heard dar dar dar, the boom of cannons and machine guns from the hills.

整個晚上,噠噠噠的槍炮聲不絕於耳,

It was hard to sleep.

令人無法安眠。