當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 365天英語口語大全之交際口語(MP3+中英文本) 第52期:住房

365天英語口語大全之交際口語(MP3+中英文本) 第52期:住房

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.68K 次

ing-bottom: 100%;">365天英語口語大全之交際口語(MP3+中英文本) 第52期:住房

1.慣用口語句子:

I didn't expect the rent for a one-bedroom apartment to be so high.
我沒料到一居室公寓的房租這麼高。
It's very hard to rent a satisfying apartment.
租個讓人滿意的公寓太難了。
I can't afford that rent.
我付不起那樣的租金。
expect v. 預期,預料到
rent n. 租金 v. 租用,租
apartment n. 公寓,單元住宅
satisfying a. 令人滿意的,令人滿足的
afford v. 買得起,負擔得起

I want to share an apartment with a friend.
我想跟朋友合租一個公寓。
I need to find a roommate.
我得找一個室友。
I have one room for rent.
我有一個房間要出租。
I need to rent an apartment.
我需要租個公寓。
share v. 分享,共有
roommate n. 室友

for rent“供出租”

It's much safer to rent an apartment through a real estate agency.
通過房地產中介公司租房安全多了。
I don't like to deal with the real estate agent.
我不喜歡和房地產中介打交道。
estate n. 地產,不動產
agency n. 代理行,代理處
agent n. 代理人
real estate“房地產”
real estate agency“房地產中介公司”
deal with“與…打交道,應付,對待”

House prices have really risen a lot during the past several years.
過去這幾年房價真是漲了不少。
House prices rise/fall again.
房價叉漲/降了。
House prices keep going up/down.
房價一直在漲/降。
House prices have rocketed by up t0 11.2 percent in a year.
房價一年瘋漲了11.2%。
House prices increased at the same rate as the CPI last year.
房價去年與CPI同速增長。,
rise v. 上升,上漲,增加(其過去式和過去分詞分別爲rose和risen)
rocket v. 飛速上升行.火箭
percent ad. 百分之
up to“(數目)到…之多,一直到”
此處出現的動詞“fall"的過去式及過去分詞分別爲“fell"和“fallen”。
CPI是Consumer Price Index的縮寫形式,指“消費者物價指數”。

Almost everybody is talking about housing.
幾乎人人都在淡論房子。
Who doesn't want his own house?
誰不想要自己的房子啊?
The house price is people's big concern.
人們非常關心房價。
housing n. 住房,住宅,提供住房
concern n. 關心,所關心的事

Some people buy houses on speculation.
有些人買房是爲了炒房。
Some people speculate in/on houses.
有些人做房地產投機買賣。
I most people buy houses to live in.
大部分買房還是爲了自住。
speculation n. 投機,…投機買賣
speculate v. 投機,做投機買賣
speculate in/on(doing)sth.“做…投機買賣”

The real estate market is down now. The house prices are acceptable.
現在房地產市場正處於低潮。房價可以接受。
acceptable a. 可接受的

It's the right time to buy this apartment.
現在買這套房子正是時候。
I'm not sure whether I should buy a flat now.
我不知道我現在是否應該買房。
I should think twice before making the decision of purchase.
在決定買之前,我得三思。
purchase n. & v. 買,購買
make decision“做決定”

It's the right time...表示“現在正是…時候”,
I think twice before doing sth.表示“在做某事前要三思”。

People will not be able to a仟ord housing if prices keep rising.
如果房價一直漲,人們就買不起房子了。
How can the house prices become stable?
房價怎樣才能穩定呢?
The developers have made a lot of money over the past few years.
開發商在過去幾年裏賺了不少錢。
stable a. 穩定的,穩固的
developer n. 開發者,房地產開發商
make money“賺錢”

I want to sell my apartment in a couple of years. It will be worth a lot more then.
我打算過兩三年把公寓賣出去,那時可以值更多。
My house will increase in value.
我的房子會升值的。
worth a. 值…的,價值…的,值得…的 n. 價值
a couple of“(數量)兩三…”
be worth...“值... "

Most banks require a 20 percent down payment.
大部分銀行要求20%的首付款。
We've almost got enough money to make a down payment on a house.
我們已經基本備齊了房子的首付款。
It took us nearly five years to save enough money for a down payment.
我們花了幾乎5年時間才攢夠首付款。
require v. 要求,需要
payment n. 付款,支付

down payment“分期付款的首付款”

It'll be years before we've even paid off the loan.
我們得好多年才能還清貸款呢。
I have to take out a loan of 360,000 yuan.
我得貸款36萬元。
loan n. 貸款
pay off“還清,付清”
take out“通過申請取得”



2.實用對話

Buying or Renting an Apartment買房還是租房

Christine: I heard you are going to get married at the end of this year. Have you bought an apartment?
克里斯廷:聽說你們年底就要結婚了。買房了嗎?
Raymond. No. House prices are too high. We can't afford it. We're going to rent one.
雷蒙德:沒有。房價太貴了。我們買不起。我們打算租個房子。
Christine: You're right. People will not be able to afford housing if prices keep rising.
克里斯廷:是啊。如果房價一直漲,人們就買不起房子了。
Raymond: I hear that house prices have dropped a lot in some cities, which gives us some hope.
雷蒙德:我聽說有些城市的房價降了不少,這也讓我們看到了一些希望。
Christine: Yeah. I think housing to some extent should be under control by the related government department.
克里斯廷:是啊。我認爲住房在某種程度上應該由相關的政府部門控制一下。
Raymond: Yes. Some people buy houses on speculation.
雷蒙德:是的。有些人買房是爲了炒房。
Christine: Did you ever think of buying a second-hand house then?
克里斯廷:那你們有沒有考慮過買一套二手房?
Raymond: Yes. It's a little cheaper but it'll cost more in down payments. We can't afford it either.
雷蒙德:考慮過。二手房稍便宜點兒,不過需要交的首付更多。我們還是負擔不起。
Christine: People normally can't afford an apartment at an early age. Many young couples in developed countries also live in rented apartments.
克里斯廷:通常人們在年輕的時候都買不起房子。發達國家有好多年輕夫婦也是租房子住。



3.詳細解說

1.“afford”常與“can”、“could”或“be able to”等表示能力的動詞連用,並通常出現於含有否定意義的句子中。“can/could/be able to afford (to do) sth.”表示“買得起…,支付得起…
,負擔得起…,承擔得起…”。例如:We can't afford to go on vacation this year.(今年我們沒有足夠的錢去度假。)Few people are able to afford cars like that.(沒有幾個人能買得起
那樣的車。)I can't afford to buy a house.(我買不起房子。)We can't afford to wait any longer or we'll miss the plane.(我們可等不起了,不然會誤了飛機的。)We can't afford to
make any mistakes at this stage in the project.(工程到了這個階段,我們可承受不起任何的錯誤。)



4.文化洗禮

美國住房的種類

常見的美國住房可分爲以下幾種:
1.A bungalow is a small house with one or two bedrooms and usually one bathroom.
平房,較小,有一個或兩個臥室,通常還有一個浴室。
2.A mansion is a real big house with many bedrooms and several bathrooms.
宅第,面積較大,有許多間臥室和多個浴室。
3.A ranch house usually has three or four bedrooms. The "master bedroom" for the mother and father usually has its own bathroom.
牧場主住宅,通常有三到四個臥室。供父母住的“主臥”通常帶有自己獨立的浴室。
apartment is usually one living space within a building. Many apartments can be in the same building, with shared yard, parking spaces, and garbage can.
公寓房,通常指大樓裏的一個居住空間。同一棟樓裏可以有很多套公寓房,庭院,停車場地和垃圾箱共用。
5.A town house is a two-floor house. The kitchen, living room and dining room are usually on the first floor and the bedrooms are on the second floor.
連體別墅,有兩層,廚房、起居室、餐廳通常在一層,臥室在二層。